A dancer enters the stage and discovers a ball. Intrigued, she moves toward it, carefully. As soon as she touches it, the magic of the stage is unleashed: the lights go up, the decor appears all around her, shadows play their tricks… and transform one dancer into many! Now there are four of her, to play together and discover a constantly changing environment: a graphical world made up of forms, colours, textures, sounds, and illusions. A topsy-turvy playground where dance continually shifts with the context, this performance full of surprises invites audiences to see the world afresh through the eyes of a child who explores.
An ode to the power of imagination, Through My Eyes stimulates the child’s senses and brings us back to one of the loveliest things about childhood: a tireless capacity for wonder.
- Family audience: 3 years and up
- School audience: preschool to grade 2
- Approximate duration: 40 minutes
- Artistic Direction and Choreography: Hélène Langevin
- Assistant Choreographer and Rehearsal Director: Jean-François Légaré
- External Viewer: Guillaume Chouinard
- Performers: Emmanuelle Martin, Myriam Tremblay, Julie Tymchuk, Émilie Wilson
- Designers: Mariène Bastien (Sets and Costumes); Bernard Falaise (music); Lucie Bazzo (lighting)
- Dramatist: Claudine Robillard