After attending the Teatro Dimitri school Switzerland at the same time, Swiss Camilla Pessi and Sicilian Simone Fassari both went on to have separate paths performing in many circuses and cabarets in far away countries, without seeing each other for...
After attending the Teatro Dimitri school Switzerland at the same time, Swiss Camilla Pessi and Sicilian Simone Fassari both went on to have separate paths performing in many circuses and cabarets in far away countries, without seeing each other for years. Then, one day in 2004, Simone, on tour with a circus, contacted his old class-mate Camilla to stand-in for his usual acrobatic partner who had run away… Together they perfected the characteristics and techniques of their clown characters, creating the repertoire with which they struck out alone, and continue to travel the world, this time together. In 2008 Italian Valerio Fassari, theatre artist, musician and a good friend, joined the company during its participation in major international circus festivals in Moscow, China and Paris, and has stayed ever since. Under his supervision, Camilla and Simone deepened the theatrical dimensions of what they knew of clown performance, bringing together theatre, circus, and the characters they had created.In 2010 Belgian director Louis Spagna completed the Company’s first full-length work, Pss Pss, a show gleefully received and acclaimed all over the world; in Great Britain, Brazil, Egypt, Guyana, Turkey, Polynesia, Morocco, Zimbabwe, South Africa, France, Italia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, and Germany. Pss Pss has also appeared at The London International Mime Festival 2011, was a “Sold Out” show at Avignon Festival France 2011, 2013, 2015 and appeared at Edinburgh Fringe 2014 and 2016.
- 2019 — Winner of BankSA Adelaide Weekly Fringe Award
- 2018 — Winner of the Victor Award for Most Popular Show IPAY America
- 2016 — Winner of the Swiss Theatre Award
- 2014 — Winner of the Audience Award St. Etienne, France
- 2010 — Winner of the Audience Prize Geneva, Switzerland
- 2009 — Winner of the Cirque du Soleil Prize, Festival du Cirque du demain, Paris, France
- 2009 — Bronze Medal Wuquai China
- 2008 — Bronze Medal St. Paul Les Dax, France and Audience Prize St. Paul Les Dax, France
- 2008 — Winner of the Coup de Cœur Award Val d’Oise, France
- 2008 — Bronze Medal Moscow, Russia
- 2008 — Winner of the Circus Nikulin Prize, Budapest, Hungary